Thursday, September 20, 2007

Good times...

This weekend was a lot of fun. I had a great time with my friends and family and my kiddos. Overall, it was a pretty good birthday weekend. I had to work on my birthday, but I seriously doubt that people would consider going tubing "work". It was a fun and relaxing day. I'm used to doing everything - whether its driving, planning, etc. However, this time around, I really didn't have to do that. I mean, I planned the trip, but I did that in advance. I had two parents drive us, so I just got to sit on the bus and listen to music and just hang out and talk to my kids. And being on the river was great. Now, there were a lot of drunk people on the river, and a lot of them were cussing, so that wasn't necessarily great. I was starting to regret taking my kids there b/c I didn't want them to be exposed to that, but when you think about it, they're almost always exposed to that. They weren't phased a bit because a lot of people in their schools talk like that and all that. It's just sad. But other than that, we had a good time. I wanna go again!

Today was the first day of LOGOS (an after school program for children). I helped with Worship Skills. I figured since I have a musical background, I could use my talents that way. The thing is, I've never really taught a choir or anything, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing or how to do it. The children's director gave me curriculum, but I found out today that that's the curriculum for everyone doing the different activities. I really didn't have a set curriculum. I was just supposed to teach them the music. I also was under the impression that the kids would be split up for worship skills and that I would have the older kids...come to find out that I was in charge of all 37 kids - K-5th grade! Wow, that was kinda crazy. 1/3 of the kids were angels and were singing and wanting to learn the songs. The rest were either not singing, not paying attention, or getting in fights. I really hope it goes better next week. I'm definitely going to have to come up with a seating chart and figure out some other things we can do. All I can say is that God is good. I had prayed earlier that God would give me patience, and He did. I didn't lose my cool, so I am happy about that.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! :) That is exciting you didn't have to drive!

Hope the choir kids get more well behaved! I am sure things will get better as you get to know the kids and have a feel for what you're doing. That is cool that you are doing that. I would have no clue what to do!

Can't wait till you come over! :)

mel_peru said...

sooo youre praying about moving a little bit north of here right?? ;-)

Mary Anna said...

ha ha ha! wouldn't it be south?