So when I said that I've been stressed, I wasn't kidding. I would be at home, watching TV or something just trying to relax and forget about work, and I would just have that horrible feeling that I couldn't get rid of. For weeks I've been feeling that way, and I've even had dreams about our mission trip.
I guess two nights ago I had this really crazy dream. I had a dream that we were on our way to our mission trip. I was having yet another problem tho. I had a dream that the bus that I was driving would not go forward. It would get stuck if I tried to put it in drive. The only way that it would move is if it was put in reverse. The other bus had already left, and I didn't know where I was going, and I was desperate to catch up to them so that I could follow them, so I ended up driving backwards. Then the road turned into a steep hill, and we were still going backwards. The breaks don't work well in reality. You have to press down really hard in order for it to do anything. Well, I was stepping on the breaks when we were going down the hill, but the breaks went out, and we kept on gaining speed, and I eventually lost control of the bus. We ended up crashing into this house, and the bus blew up with us inside. Actually, the bus didn't totally blow up. It was just the front, and it only affected me. My kids were fine. However, the explosion ended up hurting me - specifically my face. I couldn't go on and do mission work. Our pastor and his wife received word of the accident and ended up taking my place as adults. After a couple of days, I was recovered and met the rest of my mission team and was able to participate in the rest of the mission trip.
Pretty crazy, huh?
Well here's an update on the mission trip that we leave for tomorrow:
Everything worked out. God is good. Christine wasn't able to be an adult, so it is just Paul, Jackie, and me. There are 16 ppl going. There is only room for 15 in our bus. We decided to book a flight for Jackie, and he is going to meet us on Sunday. On the way back, one of my kids has to leave early, and he is catching a flight, so Jackie will be able to ride home with us. We will be a bit crammed while traveling, but oh well. It will be nice to be with everyone and not be split up!
I honestly think this will be a good mission trip. Even though we had so many problems getting ready for it, I really feel like this is where God wants us to be. I originally was thinking about going here, and then a friend talked me into going to Birmingham. I liked the idea b/c it was closer. However, God had different plans. It just so happened that the closest place that we could go after the hang up was the place I originally had in mind. I'm very excited, and I am looking forward to it b/c I know that God has great things in store for this trip. Thank you for the prayers. I have felt them these past couple of days, and I know longer feel anxiety. If you would continue to pray for our mission trip as we are serving the Lord this coming week.
Friday, July 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
praying for you, MAM!!! an't wait to hear about it when you get back
hi:) i'm only a month behind on reading this...
Post a Comment