So Lace says that Vicki threatened to delete my link on her page if I don't post sometime soon...
I honestly don't know if I want to keep this thing. I haven't had much desire to write on it. And Mel, Riss, and Dayne don't use it anymore. I kinda knew that would happen. grr... Same thing happened with Xanga. Come on people!
On the other hand Lace and Vick still have one...
So what to post....
Today honestly has been kinda a blah day. Don't really want to talk about it. Nothing much to talk about really. Just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. But you know what? I'm still gonna praise God.
I write my prayers in a prayer journal, and I have just about finished another one. Which is always a good feeling. I like to read through them and see either how I've grown in my relationship with God, or what He's taught me, or just look back and see how faithful God has been. All I can say is God is GOOD!
So in the past year, for some reason God really wanted me to focus on what we studied in CBS this year (Joshua - 2 Samuel). I read it last year when I was doing a class on the Deuteronomic History. And then I read it again for CBS. What was God trying to tell me/teach me through that? One key verse has really stuck with me in the past year. That would be Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." This tells me that I should not fear or worry because God is with me always and will guide me. Joshua 1:9 encourages me and gives me hope. Whenever I'm in a sticky situation, I know that I'm gonna be okay. I know He has my best interest at heart.
I've noticed that I've gotten better about praying for God's will instead of my own. I finally get that His way is way better than my way. I mean looking back on my life, and looking back on the times that I struggled, I can look at the end result and actually praise God for everything that happened. God is GOOD!
There's more that I could say, but I don't want to write anymore.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So glad you updated :) Don't be like Mel, Dayne, and Riss and give it up!!! Press on, MAM, press on!!! :)
It is cool to see what the Lord has done! You'll be glad you wrote your prayers out and can go back and read them later!
Whoop! A new post! :)
Great reminder to always praise God no matter what! I think that's especially important on blah days, and I've had my share lately.
P.S. As long as I'm Facebooking, you can't quit blogging. :)
Yay!!! A new post!!! My February request for a new post is finally fulfilled. :oP
That's so cool that you are finishing another prayer journal! That has to be a real blessing on those dry, "desert" days...
Ahem ... I'm ready for a vacation update! :)
i've been thinking about some things to write lately. i just haven't done it yet. :) but i'm glad you posted.
I love the book of Joshua! The dude has a GREAT name first of all, and I think the book of Joshua has a lot to say to us, especially if you realize that God has a global-sized task for us and that we are His conquerers! One of the stories in Joshua that captivates me is how after the march over jericho they have trouble with the little city of Ai. It just serves as a reminder that we shouldn't only rely on God for the big things, but in all things we should trust in Him. Its easy to look to God when we're facing the walls of Jericho, but when we feel like we can do it on our own, we don't give God a second thought...and thats when we find ourselves in retreat.
Prov. 3:5 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding"
Hopefully I'll get around to writing about Puerto Vallarta. I've been meaning to but just haven't had the motivation.
Riss, please update! Please oh please oh please?! I like to read your posts! :)
Josh, glad you got one of these. Interesting observation about Jericho and Ai. I don't think I ever thought of it in that way, but there definitely are times when I forget to rely on God for every detail of my life. Something I need to work on; that's for sure.
Proverbs 3:5-6 has always been one of my favorite bible verses.
i havent looked at blogs in so long! miss you. now that the blogs are on my mind, maybe u can update it! :-)
Post a Comment