Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spray the Cheerleader. Save the world.

Okay, so the most hilarious thing happened yesterday. A bunch of my 8th graders are on the same football team, so I went to their game yesterday. So while the game was going on, you had some players on the field, a few players on the sidelines, and then you had the cheerleaders. The cheerleaders were doing one of their cheers, and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the sprinkler system went off! And the cheerleaders were standing right in the line of fire, so they all got soaked. (It kinda makes me wonder if this was just a freak occurrence or whether someone intentionally did this). Their faces were priceless when they realized what was happening. It made me laugh SO HARD! It still makes me laugh a day later! ha ha good times.

6 comments:

Lacey said...

Glad to hear & see that you updated! :) Now if I would only update mine! ;)

lol! :) Poor cheerleaders!! Do you really think someone set it up on purpose??? It doesn't seem like they would set sprinklers to go off at the same time they play games!

Mary Anna said...

Well, yeah I do think so b/c I don't recall the other sprinklers going off - just the two that sprayed the cheerleaders and a few on the sidelines. I mean, the cheerleaders were in perfect range.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! A new MAM post! :D

I bet it was a funny sight. Were most people aware of what happened?

marissa said...

hey you updated! haha that was a good story. =)

marissa said...

oh...and i love your title for the post!

Mary Anna said...

Oh yes, Vick. Everyone was aware of this. One thing that I didn't mention was that before they were able to turn the sprinklers off, the sprinklers ended up actually moving to where it sprayed the first four rows of the people in the bleachers. It was funny, except for the fact that there was a lil baby (younger than Luke) that was in a stroller down at the bottom so she got wet, but she was sleeping and somehow it didn't wake her up.

And thanks, Riss! I'm pretty proud of the title! :)